Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Thankful.

Up here in Canada, it is Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving means Turkey, stuffing, smashed potatoes and gravy and a heaping helping of cranberry sauce.  And don't forget the pumpkin pie!  We had a fabulous meal last night with friends, who after I kept pulling food out of every nook and cranny of the fridge, told me I shouldn't have gone to such an extent.  But it's thanksgiving!  A full meal with far to many options is the only way to do it!

Thanksgiving also (and truly more importantly) means that it is time to reflect on all the things you are thankful for.  Here's my great big list!

I am thankful for my Family.  My Mother, who taught me how to sew, and cook, and bake like a fiend.  My Father, who took us camping as kids and let us eat doughnuts and runts (candies) for breakfast.  My Sister and Brother, whom I both love unconditionally and fully.  Life wouldn't be nearly as fun without them.  I'm especially thankful that my sis kicked cancers ass at the tender age of 5.  She's my best friend, and I'd be lost without her.  My nieces and nephews, who are all a joy to be around.  Of course, my loving Husband, who is my rock.  My beautiful children, whom I live for, my reason to to keep going.
I'm also thankful for my In-laws, who have become family over time.
 
I'm thankful for Friends, and although they are few, all you really need is one or two really great friends.

I'm thankful for the roof over my head and the great yard behind it.

I'm thankful for the beautiful view from my front window.

I'm thankful for my ability to spin.

I'm thankful for my creativity, and the fact that it keeps me grounded (and busy :) )

I'm thankful for the giant stash (not as giant as some, but giant none the less) that keeps my creativity flowing.

I'm thankful that I stumbled on Craftster.org, because it reignite the flame of creativity that had I had lost.

And mostly I'm thankful for my blessed life.

What are you thankful for?

~Kara

2 comments:

  1. Sista' you are my best friend too and I love you to pieces. Thank you so much for the kind words. I am truely thankful for our relationship. Your talent amazes me on a daily basis and I love to brag about my awesomely talented sister every chance I get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe :D Thank you sis :D Love you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!