Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Nifty things I've recently learned about

So, of course, along with making yarn, I also use it. Go figure right?  I've been a very basic knitter, and a basic crocheter for years.   I'd love to weave, on a "real" loom, with heedles, and shafts and such, but not yet.

I have however learned a few really cool techniques I hadn't heard of until recently.  First, is knooking!  it's a really cool way for crocheters to get a knit look!  Check out this simple video of the knit stitch:


There is, of course a purl stitch too:


and of course you are going to have to cast on:


I can't wait to try this out!  I suppose first, I'll have to get a crochet hook modified!


And then there's the new (to me) method of the purl stitch, when you're knitting continentally, the Norwegian purl:



I can throw my yarn, and can knit continental, but I think will stick to continental when I figure this move out!  Think about how much quicker it will go!  It will probably convince me to knit more too. 

Alright, I hope this is all helpful to someone else out there! 

~Kara


4 comments:

  1. You are an evil, evil woman for posting this! Don't you know I have enough things to do without learning this?! Bah on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise purling!!! I'm definitely going to have to try this Norwegian purl method out! I bet it would help to even tension too. Thanks for the tip, Bella!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!