Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Tour de Fleece - 2012

Is it to early to start thinking about it?  I don't think so!

What I'm thinking about is the two teams I'm going to captain, and my personal goals.  I've got Team Craftster.org and Team Look-in-a-Book.  And of course  I'll be joining Team Hopelessly Overcomitted as well.

Here are my goals:


1) Spin 12 oz of merciboo top into a serious lace weight.  Like,  craykray lace.  Practically sewing thread. or like 2 strands of sewing thread together crazy lace.  Because I'm nuts.  I might even buy the lace flyer for my Traveller...

2) Spin my way through a book.  I'm also heading up the team Team Look in a Book!  Where the goal will be to spin my way through one of my books, but just a sample of each technique... I just have to choose a book...

3) Spin some cotton on my tahkli.  I have ~4 oz of cotton that's been sitting for a long time.  If I get through it, I'll give a go at the camel and yak I have too!

Yup, Hopelessly Overcomitted.

You can find the Tour de Fleece Rav group here.  And the Team Craftster thread on Craftster here.   Of course there will be a thread for both my teams in the Ravelry group, but for now the teams cannot be posted until the moderators clean up the 2011 threads.  Soon, as I see there are just a few more to go through!

What about you?  Are you going to take on the Tour de Fleece this year?

~Kara

2 comments:

  1. Tour de Fleece and Ravelympics are both hot topics around here right now. I don't have a clue what I'm going to be doing though. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still a lot of time! Sounds like it's time to start digging through your stash! :D

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!