Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Belinda Shawl Update

I'm still pluggin' away at the Belinda Shawl.  I'm 1/2 way done the second half.  That means I'm 75% there! Wewt!  Only 15 more lace holes (made by 30 rows) and a bind off.  Not much longer now!  I've decided that I am going to use this shawl, despite it's emense effort time wise as compared to what is required by the work book, as my final project.  It's why I spun the yarn.  It's why I nature dyed the yarn, and didn't use acid dyes.   I've put to much into it.
Belinda Shawl, 3/4 finished

The most daunting part is going to be the blocking.  We have a spare bed I can use to do it on, but no blocking wires, and I refuse to pay 20-30$ on shipping for an item that costs 20-30$.   So I'll be using far to many pins.  Hopefully I don't loose any on the floor.

I'll worry about that later, but for now my mantra will be "just keep knitting. just keep knitting. knitting knitting knitting.  when you want knit you have to kniiiiiiiit!" A la Dori on Finding Nemo.

~ Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!