I frogged it. I frogged that damn scarf. It was surprisingly satisfying. In a way. And then that tiny little ball of yarn sat for a while, lonely and beckoning. I started carding rolags from some lovely merino fleece from Natchwoolie to distract me from my lingering frustration. And I spun up 2 of the 3 bobbins of the merino, but something stopped me from spinning the 3rd.... It was likely the date, the fact that Fibre Week was only 3 weeks away and my husband was about to go on a week long fishing trip. Or the thought: "You know, you went through all that effort on that shetland silk blend. And you are pretty proud of it. Just use it. Make that little scarf. DO IT".
So I did. I used a crochet cast on as the provisional cast on. I knit twisted stitches, I yarned over, I purled and knit two together. I bound off to "top' part, picked up the provisional cast on with ease and bound that baby off. I cut through my knitting at the appropriate place ( talk about scary! cutting my haandspun in the middle of a project!!) I blocked that scarf, and when it was dry I held it up and smilled. The yarn I lovingly spun from junk wool and silk, knit and frogged, and knit again, held up sooooo well to that abused. So well. I was happy to turn it in as my final project.
And because this post is nothing without a picture.... TaDa! pretty scarf!
It's been through the scrutiny of my wonderful teacher, and got a pretty good mark. But the mark isn't the big thing with this one, in the end. I'm proud of this dinky little scarf. It's soft, it drapes nicely, it's light and airy. And I'll actually wear it.